Finished Asymmetric Dress

Hello everyone, 

So, the last project that I completed for pattern cutting in my first year of college was a asymmetric dress and I thought I would share my outcome on my blog. I made my dress based off of the twenty’s flapper dresses, using the style and colour. In my design I used a asymmetric design on both the front and back creating a dropped waist effect by having a pleated yoke. I used two different fabrics to make this dress, a black fabric as my base fabric and then for the pleats I chose to layer the black fabric with a sparkly net fabric. For my asymmetric dressing I used geometric lines which I then highlighted using a silver fringe, which tied into the flapper dress idea. To fasten the dress, I used an invisible zip and the bagging out method to create the neck line and armholes. I am really happy with the outcome that I was able to produce, especially the fringe the I had sewn into the pleats as it makes the asymmetric lines really stand out. 



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading. 

Amy xxx

Comments