Fruit and veg - experimental drawing

Hello everyone,

I have been doing lots experimental drawing to add to my fruit and veg project so I thought I would share it on this blog.


As part of this assignment brief we has to show lots of experimental drawing as part of the criteria to pass. I have done lots of different drawings using lots of using different techniques and medias. At the start of the project I was not that comfortable with doing experimental drawing as I was worried about it going wrong or looking rubbish however by doing all these drawings I have learnt to not worry how my drawings look and the more they don't look like what they are meant to be the more successful they are. Due to this I think as this project went of the better the drawings got, what do you think?


Here I have done a continuous line drawing using graphite which was timed for 5 minutes. I do really like this drawing as I have used a media I haven't really used before and I think it creates some really interesting lines and marks. I also like that the shapes art accurate but you can still see what it is meant to be. I think to further this it could be really interning to photo copy this and zoom in on different parts of the drawing so I could look at the different shapes there are in the image.


With this drawing I have used pen and continuous line using my wrong hand. I found this drawing very had to draw as I was using my wrong hand which I have never really done before, I am quite impressed that I was able to draw the shapes so accurately using lots of different lines.


In this drawing I have used two medias, pen and graphite, using my wrong hand and continuous line. I find this drawing very intersection as the two medias make it play tricks on your eyes and look sort of 3d. I this it would look even better if I maybe tried this same type off drawing using coloured pens.


In this drawing I have used continuous line with two medias, sharpie and pencil. I found this drawing very hard to keep the drawing continuous line due to the two medias, I found it very hard to keep both of the medias on the page all the time. I do like some of the different lines I have created and I think it would be interesting to zoom in on some of the marks and look at the shapes that I have created.


Here I have used continuous line using white pen on black paper and my wrong hand. I really like how the white pen really stands out against the black paper. I also like how you can see the intervidual shapes I have created in this drawing and you can see what the shapes are meant to be.

These are just a few of my many experimental drawings I have done. I think I have really improved being more experimental with my drawings and I do actually now enjoy doing experimental drawings  and I find that the less they look like what I was drawing the more I like them.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at some of my drawings and thank you for reading

Amy xxx

















Comments

Post a Comment