Paris

Hello everyone,

So over this bank holiday weekend I took a trip to Paris with my family. I had wanted to go to Paris for so long and this was finally my opportunity to go and I was so excited, we did and saw lots of amazing things, I thought I would share my trip on here.


On the first day we did not have much time as we got there in the evening so we just went for a wonder and saw a few sights, we saw the Arc de Triomphe, this was really interesting as it was on a really big roundabout which was so busy and the arch was just like stuck in the middle of the busy road. We then just went on a walk round to find the Eiffel Tower, I was so excited to see it as it is a iconic landmark on Paris. It was amazing to see but I didn’t realise that is wasn’t as tall as you may think it is. 




The next day was Sunday and this was a extremely jam packed day, but it was still very exciting. We started of with going to the Louvre Museum, is was amazing and so big, you could literally spend a whole day there and still not see everything. I saw the Mona Lisa, which was so busy and the painting is actually smaller then you think it is. After we had wondered round the Louvre, we went to see the Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, this was amazing to see the size of it but we couldn’t get very close due to the fire a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked to see how much was burnt down by the fire. After we had had some food by the Notre-Dame we were off to go up the Eiffel Tower. This was one of the things I was most excited to do, but I was still scared. We didn’t go all the way to the top but we went to the second floor which was high enough for us. The view was amazing even though it was a bit cold and windy. 




On Monday we were off again to do sight seeing, we saw the Sacré-Cœur, it was quite a long walk up to it but there was a amazing view when we got to the top, inside the church was amazing with the stain glass windows and architecture. Next was time to go to a fabric shop, this sounds like such a random thing to to while in Paris but I was something I just wanted to do, I wanted to see what fabric shopping was like in a different country, and it lived up to my expectations, I am going to do another blog post on this. We now went to see The Centre Pompidou, which was a really interesting building as all the services, like lifts and stairs, were on the outside of the building. 
This was the end of our trip to Paris, it was a amazing experience and I had the best time. 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been up to and thank you for reading. 
Amy xxx 






Comments