Fabric shopping in Paris

Hello everyone,

So in my last post I mentioned that I went to a fabric shop in Paris and that’s what this post is going to be about.



On a street right next to the Sacré-Cœur there is a whole street which is filled with fabric shops, I don’t think I have ever actually seen so many in my life. This would have been quite easy to find but we went on a 40 minute detour and we had to get the metro back to the Sacré-Cœur. But once we had found it, it was amazing.





There were too many shops for me to go in them all, as you would have to spend a whole day there to go in them all, so I just chose a couple that took my fancy. One of the stores I picked was called, Marché st. Pierre, this shop was massive and they had fabric everywhere you could imagine, they even had it outside, it was like being in heaven. You could buy so much fabric in this shop if you didn’t restrain yourself you wouldn’t believe. I ended up buying a few pieces of fabric because I just couldn’t resit, one was some glittery pvc, I have been wanting to make a pvc coat for ages so I thought this would be a nice contrast to the plane pvc. I got two like crepe fabrics one navy blue with numbers ok it and the other cream/while with gold spots. With both these fabrics I had an Idea in my head of what I was going to make, a jump suit with the navy and a co-ord using the white. I even may make my mum and sister something out of them if I have some extra fabric. 




The other shop I went to I didn’t catch the name of it but it was very small and on a corner opposite Marché st. Pierre. At this shop they mainly sold accessories, and trims, I don’t normally buy these sort of things but I couldn’t resist. They had so many just little things that you could buy, thousands of zips and buttons and trims. I ended up buying quite a few buckles as I thought they were really cute, some zips, and some other random bits. 

There were so many more shops down this road that I could have gone and and would have if I had more time, if anyone has the opportunity to go I would highly recommend. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been up to. 

Amy xxx


Comments