Dior exhibition

Hello everyone,

So a couple of days ago I went to see he Dior exhibition at the V and A museum. I had been so excited to go see this exhaling for ages leading up to it and we had to book our tickets a long time in advance as it was very popular. This exhibition was actually amazing and was defentlly worth the wait so if anyone has the opportunity to go I would defentlly recommend but for the people who don't I thought I would share some of my favourite bits on here. I did basically take a photo of everything in the exhibition as I was just so excited so I have had to refine then down otherwise this would go on forever.

There were lots of different rooms in the exhibition, which were sorted into different catogories of the  garnments they had in them so that it flowed well. As soon as you walk into the first room it is like you are walking into the Dior studio as they have a big wall which is like a enterence to a house which also felt like you were walking into the Dior world.


I loved looking at all the early Dior clothes and you could really see how the brand developed over time to how it is today. You could also see how in lots of the collection looked back to 18th century fashion and other period clothing and it was interesting that you could see exactly what parts were enspired by different periods.





One part of the exhibition that I was most excited to see what the room of toiles, I had heard lots about the toiles that they were exhibiting and how they were displayed. I really like toiles and I love making them for my own projects, I love how you can see exactly how they were made and how the toile is completely about the structure and nothing about the colour or fabric which I find amazing. The toiles in this exhibition were absolutely amazing and you could see how well made they all were and I can imagine that making these would have really helped with constructing and fitting the final garnment. It was so interesting to see how they put every detail into the toile and it was as much as a piece of art as the end garnment was.






Another one of the rooms was sort of flower themed and had the most amazing flower paper display hanging from the ceiling. Even though the ceiling was amazing it didn't distract from the the dresses displayed. The garnments that they had in this room were so beautiful and delicate with flowers and flowing shapes. I loved this room as it felt like you were in a dream land and was so delicate.






The last room of the exhibition had some of the most recent pieces from Dior, it was such a contrast to see these pieces against the first collection. In every one of these garnments they were of the same quality and standard as the original collection and it was amazing to see how the brand had developed over the time and adapted to some of the modern fashion trends.






I really enjoyed looking around the exhibition and I am so happy I got the opportunity to go. I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been up to and thank you for reading


Amy xxx

Comments