Bauhaus

Hello everyone,

So for my last project I looked at Anni Albee’s and the Bauhaus movement and this then inspired my final piece and project. 


At the start of this project we were given a image of a piece of Anni Albers work, this was mine and it is called, variations on a theme, I found it really hard to become inspired but this image because I felt it was quite boring, especially as it didn’t have bright colours which was a key feature of Bauhaus that I liked. To get inspired I just tried using lots of experimental techniques and I finally found my way. I also looked closer at the weaving to look at the colours and shapes that were within it.

This is my final outcome for this project, I chose to look at bright colours as that’s what I thought of when I think about Bauhaus, I did try to look at the same colour palette to the colours that were in the weaving when I looked closely. I did lots of different techniques in my garment and I looked at both the pattern and the shapes within the weaving.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments