What is a zine ?

Hello everyone, 

So today in computing I was learning how to create my own zine and was tasked to create my own zine. I could make my zine about what ever I wanted so I chose to use the information that I researched on the digital artists and make this information to a zine. I found this relatively easily as when using adobe photoshop I could create a template so that it was consistent thought, having the design I wanted. After the class I have chosen to do some research into what a zine actually is and the difference between a zine and a magazine so I thought I would share this information on here.


So to start with I researched what a actual magazine is, as the one of the concepts of a zine is to be a mini magazine, but there are lots of little differences. A magazine is usually a regularly/sceduled published which is printed or electronically printed. Thought magazines they contain a variety of contend, mainly in the form or photos/images and text. 


From learning what a magazine was I then went on to fine out what a zine was and how it could be used in different industry's and practises. A zine is a independently or self published booklet, which contains information of the creators chose. The whole zine can be based around on subject or every page can be different. There are many different ways to create a zine including physically cutting and pasting or digitally using programs such as adobe indesign. 


There are many different ways of using zines in industry, but everyone uses them for different reasons. A zine can be used to display creative work easily and quickly in a booklet for when presenting your work for a company or job. They are also used for personal use just to display differnt things and let individuals express themselves. 

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx



Comments