Skirt mock up

Hello everyone,

So in my last post I showed you my illustrations that I had done for pattern cutting and that I would then use to create my skirt for my final outcome for this project. After I had done all of my illustrations I started to actually construst the skirt out of calico and that is what I will be shairing today.

To start with I needed to create my pattern pieces for the skirt. This is a step which does take quite a long time as you need to make shure all the mesurments are correct that that you are designing the skirt correctly. When making my pieces I used lots of differnt methods but mainly the slashing method as I find this easist to understand what you are actually doing to the pattern pieces. I started off my making a draft pattern and then I traced it off for my final pattern so that it was nice and neat. 



Once I had finished all my pattern pieces I started to construct my skirt. I have done this in calico as it is a easy fabric to use and it creates a easy base to make any changes that I want. It is also easy to unpick and change if I dont like how it looks. While I was constructing my skirt in calico I wrote up a diary of making which I could then use like a sewing pattern/instructions when I made my skirt in my proper fabric. I really like how this skirt has turned out but I do think that the skirt needed to be a bit shorter so I have altered the pattern pieces. From making up the skirt in calico I learnt that I needed to use quite a stiff fabric so that the pleats stayed up. 


From doing my calico skirt I am able to alter the pattern so that it is how I want it and it had given me a idea of what sort of properties the fabric needed to have. I will share my progress on my skirt in my next post.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments