Creating a vector pattern

Hello everyone, 

So today I thought I would share with you what I have done in computing today. I have used the pattern I showed you last week and I have used it to start to make the pattern into a vector pattern. The sounds really confusing be once I had got the hang on what I was doing it was okay.

I started off by taking my initial pattern design and importing it into adobe illustrator and making it a background layer. Once I had imported the design I started to draw over the top using the pen tool on a different layer. This was really a game of trial and error where I carefully traced over the design making it into a vector.


Here is what my design looks like with the background layer on. My design has been quite easy to trace so far as I have shapes with straight edges which are simple to create. The circles that I also created are harder to create as I had to create lots of anchor points on the like to curve it.

This is what my design looks like so far with the background layer turned off. I really like how my design is looking so far but I think to improve it, it would be interesting to experiment with some different colours. I need to finish filling in the lines using the pen too but I with share what it looks like on here once I have finished.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading. 

Amy xxx

Comments