Fruit and veg - experimental sewing

Hello everyone,

As another part of my fruit and veg project i have used free machine embroidery to do some experimental sewing. i have tried to use different techniques while sewing to recreate my experimental drawings using fabric and thread.



In these stitched drawings i have used free machine embroidery with pages from magazines trapped underneath to add colour and to show the colours of the fruit and veg. i really like how these have turned out as i like how you can really see the colours underneath. i think it would be interesting if i ripped the paper around the sewing so you can more clearly see the shape of the fruit and veg.

With these pieces i have printed off my photos of fruit and veg and sewn over them, i have ripped off the outline of the pictures you cam really see the shape of the fruit and veg. I have also sewn over the top of the photos to add all the details in the photos. i really like how these have turned out as it really shows the details in the photos. To improve these pieces i could sew using coloured threads on the black and white photo so the sewing stands out more.


In these photos i have used free machine embroidery using different techniques to draw out some bits of the fruit and veg. in one of these pieces i have used a double needle with different coloured threads. I really love how this has turned out as it looks like one of my drawings with two medias. I have also done a piece which i did not look at what i was sewing. I found it really hard to do this as the thread kept snapping so i had to keep rethreading the sewing machine which was very annoying.i have also done some free machine embroidery combined with pen. i think that the sewing worked very well but i don t really like how the pen looks so to improve this i would just use stitch to improve this sample. 

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.


Amy xxx

Comments