Fruit and veg - experimental drawing with watercolour

Hello everyone,

I have been doing lots more experimental drawing for my fruit and veg project so i thought i would share the on here. With these drawings i have used watercolour to show the colour and shape of the fruit and veg. On top of the watercolour i have used different medias to draw the fruit and veg using different techniques.


In one of these drawings i have used two medias, fine liner and pencil, continuous line with my wrong hand, to draw the pineapple. i really like how this drawing has turned out as i have created lots of different and lines to show the bumpy texture of the pineapple. In another drawing i have charcoal to draw the avocado using simple shapes. I like how this looks as the simple lines and shapes really show what the drawing is of, i also like how the charcoal creates a bold line. On this page i have also drawn half a pepper, using continuous line, not looking with a pencil. i found this very hard to draw as i wanted to be drawing on top of the watercolour but as i was not looking i could not see where i was drawing. Even though i have not really drawn over the watercolour i do still like the results from this drawing as i think that i have created some very interesting shapes. 


In this drawing i have used continuous line with my wrong hand using a pen to draw a lemon. With this drawing i found it hard to create marks to make the lemon look 3d as i was using continuous line. I also found it hard to show the bumpy texture of the lemon, so to improve this i could go over this with a different media and use different marks to add texture.

In one of there drawings i have used charcoal using my wrong hand to draw the fruit. I like how this has turned out as the charcoal creates bold lines making it really stand out. In the other drawing i have use two medias, white pen and fine liner, with continuous line. With is drawn you can't really see the white pen so i think it would have worked better if i used a different colour media. I also think that i could have added more detail to the drawing to make it look more 3d.


I have used continuous line with a fine liner to draw a kiwi. I think this drawing was very successful as i like how the watercolour and fine liner lines up. I also like the different lines i have used to show the different shapes in the kiwi. I have drawn a cabbage using a fine liner and continuous line. i really like how this has turned out as you can see the different lines which make up the cabbage.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.


Amy xxx

Comments