Knitting and Stitching show 2019


This week we went on a college trip to the Knitting and Stitching show we were able to do lots of artist research for our current projects. I thought that the show was really interesting and some of the artists really inspired me. 



One artist that really inspired me was Daisy Collingridge. Her work as very interesting in the way she had layered her fabric creating amazing volume with fabric showing the human body and the shapes that make it up. I loved how I’m each piece Collingridge had focused on one colour and using different intensity’s which created more depth and interest within her piece. I also loved how that audience could interact with were work because it could be worn by a model which created almost a imaginary world. 



Another artist that I found really inspiring was Karine Jollet. I loved how she chose to use such a pure colour of white to express her work, really focusing on shapes that she created instead of being distracted by colour. I loved the clever way she had made her textile sculptures look so realistic really showing the human body. 

In another part of the show there was a big room where there were shipping stalls, this was also really interesting as you could see lots of different areas of textiles and look at the different tools and materials used, I chose to use this resource to find interesting media’s and fabrics for my current project which will help me develop my ideas. 

Here is some more of the work I loved at the show. 











Amy xxx 

Comments