Inspiered by Richard Quinn

Hello everyone,

So a while ago I did a post where I explained how I was experimenting with the brush tool on photoshop, later in my last project I decided to use this same technique again to make some designs inspired by Richard Quinn.

Richard Quinn is a young designer who is working towards creating more sustainable fashion. Quinn prints all his designs in his studio from photoshop designs that he creates, which are mainly floral designs. By printing the fabric in his studio it means that he has a very small batch size and therefore has less fabric waist which is helping his brand become sustainable.

I wanted to create my own floral pattern inspired by Richard Quinn so I chose to use the brush tool to layer different colours on photoshop. I am very pleased with how these turned out as I think the way I have layered the colours works really well with the different brush strokes I chose to use.



After I had created these three designs I transferred them on to fabric, to see how they would work on the fabric. my designs are quite different to Richard Quinns designs but the processes that I used were quite similar and would be printed in a small batch size.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments