Weaving

Hello everyone,

So another technique that I have been looking at is weaving. When we started looking at weaving I was really struggling to get my head around it and figure out how to do it. I found it hard to make the weave, using fabric stay tight and look right due to the different thicknesses of the fabric. I started to experiment with different ways I could incorporate different medias and how different fabrics would work. I chose to try using synthetic fabric and then experimenting with using the heat gun before and after weaving the fabric. While doing my weaving I researched a designer Victor and Rulf and I really liked the look that they had to there weaving and how it looked messy and very experimental with the different fabrics and textures layered next to each other. I tried to recreate weaves in this style and really liked how they turned out due to the textures and colours next to each other.









I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments