Knitting

Hello everyone,

So in my last post I take about how I have been experimenting with knitting and today I thought I would share my experiments with different types of knitting. I tried out 3 different types of knitting, finger, arm, normal, I found these a variety of difficulties and ease to do the technique.



I really enjoyed doing finger knitting and found it really simple to do. I really like the effect that it creates of a long chain but I struggle to think of how I could use this in my work as it doesn't create a fixed fabric. I tried to do all these techniques with both fabric strips and wool, when I tried to use fabric to finger knit I found it really difficult as it did not stretch as much as I would have wanted it to  which made it difficult to manipulate the fabric like you would wool. however I did find when using fabric it created a really tight knit which I liked.



Arm knitting I did not find quite as successful as finger knitting. I found difficult it extremely difficult to start off with as it is hard to picture your arms as being the knitting needles and it is difficult to figure out if you are doing it correct. When using fabric I found it really difficult as it didn't stretch and move easily. I found that arm knitting didn't work very well for me as the knit was too loose so I couldn't see the stitches very well and I didn't really like the effect that it created. I also tried to do arm knitting using wool and I did find this worked a little better, but I do think that it would work better using thicker wool so that the knit was tighter.




Finally I tried normal knitting using fabric and wool. I found it quite difficult to knit using the fabric as it doesn't stretch and fabric created a very tight knit. I did like the effect that the fabric created as it made a really thick fabric that I could then use, the only issue that I have with this is that it made a very thick and structured fabric which I was not sure what i would use it for. I found the wool really easy to knit but I don't think created a as interesting and textured effect as I wanted from the knitting.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments