Day and Night 1930s - Fashion and Textile Museum

Hello everyone,

So when I went the Tate Modern the other week we also visited the Fashion and Textile Museum. At the museum they had an exhibition on called Day and Night in the 1930 and I found the different pieces of clothing really interesting as every piece was like a bit of art. Throughout the era the clothing became more extravagant as there were political changes in the time as after the war the economy was rebuilding itself and people were gaining money and people could afford more embellishment and more expensive fabrics for there clothes. I found this museum really interesting to look at the different garments that they wore during the 30s as they are all so detailed and thought out to look beautiful in every way. Here are some of the images that i took at the exhibition;








I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been doing and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments