Using the dark room

Hello everyone, 

So today I thought I would share some more of my photography work that io have done in class on here. In this part of my photography project we are still trying to find our feet with all the new equipment and learning different techniques we could use in our photographs. Our main theme for photography is post human which I will be exploring in more depth further into the tern but for now I wanted to share some of the experiments we have done in class.

Recently we were shooting a film, which we then later developed in the dark room. In class we were creating one-minute sculptures which we then took photos of, as we were shooting on a film we didn’t really have much of an idea how these would turn out as we had never used a film before.

In one of our last lessons we were learning how to develop and print the film in the dark room to create a contact sheet. I found this so interesting learning what you do and how it works as I had never done anything like this before, so it was a great experience. We got told so much information at the start of the lesson and I was a bit concerned that it was going to be very confusing, but our teacher showed us what we were meant to be doing and helped us do our test strips so that we knew how long to expose the light sensitive paper for. It was actually great fun creating my own contact sheet from the film that we shoot in class. 


This is my contact sheet that I produced in the dark room and I am actually really happy with it. I know it really doesn’t look like much but when it is your first time even going into a dark room it feels quite amazing.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my work and thank you for reading.

Amy xxx

Comments